We the undersigned demand that South Gloucestershire Council scraps any proposal to close Kingswood Civic Centre.
We believe that closing Kingswood Civic Centre would:
• Make it more difficult for local people to access services such as the One Stop Shop and Register Office.
• Make it more difficult for residents to attend Council and Committee meetings that are taking decisions on their behalf.
• Remove jobs for local people from the area with the highest level of unemployment in South Gloucestershire.
• Increase commuting, congestion and traffic pollution.
• Demonstrate a waste of public money as £6 million was recently spent refurbishing the building.
• Reduce visits to Kingswood and trade in our town centre.
• Further demonstrate that Kingswood is no longer seen as important, following the loss of Soundwell College and the promise of a Minor Injury Unit at Cossham.
We demand that South Gloucestershire Council finds its savings from elsewhere.
[NOTE - A paper petition complements this online version]